US$ drawn on a US bank

Paul Campbell paul at taniwha.UUCP
Tue Nov 20 09:09:36 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov17.082513.9367 at looking.on.ca> brad at looking.on.ca (Brad Templeton) writes:
>But USENIX sent my cheque back to me -- they are one of many U.S. outfits
>that say "check drawn in U.S. dollars on a U.S. bank."  I had the former
>but not the latter.  Most outfits that put on that warning take cheques
>drawn in U.S. dollars on CDN banks, but Usenix is not one.   (So I paid
>on credit card.)

Probably depends on their bank, mine (Wells Fargo) charges me $50 to cash
a US$ check on a foreign bank, it also takes about 2 months to clear.

	Paul

--
Paul Campbell    UUCP: ..!mtxinu!taniwha!paul     AppleLink: CAMPBELL.P
What most people don't realize is that those plastic cover slips that your 3