US$ drawn on a US bank

Brad Templeton brad at looking.on.ca
Wed Nov 21 08:10:25 AEST 1990

In article <742 at taniwha.UUCP> paul at taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) writes:

>Probably depends on their bank, mine (Wells Fargo) charges me $50 to cash
>a US$ check on a foreign bank, it also takes about 2 months to clear.
>
>	Paul

So get another bank, or at least an account at a nice bank.  Canadian
banks and institutions are huge -- far larger than the average U.S. bank that
these people will take a check from.   Some U.S. banks must take them, if
B of A and Wells Fargo won't.   I think it's quite annoying when, if foreigners
go to the trouble of getting accounts in your currency, the banks still cause
trouble.