Computing Systems

Peter Salus peter at world.std.com
Thu Sep 13 00:22:07 AEST 1990

 I must admit that all of us connected with COMPUTING
SYSTEMS are gratified with the response to 3.2.  But
I want to take this opportunity to remind you that
the quality of the journal is your business:  Mike
O'Dell and I can't produce the articles, nor can the
unsung readers of submissions.

As of this issue, we have accepted just about one
paper for every seven submitted.  But we need those
submissions.  I know that many of you have publishable
work:  we want to see it!  There are many, many topics
on which we receive no submissions.  There are topics
which (I think) cry out for investigation.

If you're not sure:  email to me or to Mike (the
Editor in Chief; mo at messy.bellcore.com).  We always
respond to email.

Send us stuff!

Peter

--
The difference between practice and theory in practice is always
greater than the difference between practice and theory in theory.