Member or Non-member??

Ruth Milner rmilner at zia.aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Apr 24 03:18:54 AEST 1991

In article <7625 at tekgen.BV.TEK.COM> mike at raven.bv.tek.com (Michael Ewan) writes:
>In article <280E1E92.4C41 at ibma0.cs.uiuc.edu> cgregory at ziggy.cs.uiuc.edu (Christine Gregory) writes:
>>
>>Question: If my employer is a group (corporate, or whatever it's called)
>>		member of Usenix, but I, personally, am not, which fee
>>		should be paid for the technical sessions: member or non-
>>		member??
>
>I had the same question a couple of years ago.  You yourself are not a
>member so you pay the higher price.

I missed the original posting in its entirety, but if you are there on your
employer's behalf, i.e. they are paying for the trip and you are taking what
you learn back to them, then you are part of the "group" your employer paid
membership for, and therefore you pay the member rate. Just quote the group
number on your registration.
--
Ruth Milner
Systems Manager                     NRAO/VLA                    Socorro NM
Computing Division Head      rmilner at zia.aoc.nrao.edu