rooms near Opryland Hotel

Howard Lem howard at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 18 04:03:02 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr16.191159.15766 at nmt.edu> rmilner at zia.aoc.nrao.edu (Ruth Milner) writes:
>I was at a DECUS symposium held at the Opryland a few years ago, and stayed
>at a Best Western about a 2 minute walk away. There were a couple of other
>hotels of similar calibre, for about $50/night, in the same area, though I'm
>afraid I don't recall the names.

Hi all - Here's a list of hotels that are near Opryland.  This is taken from
	 the AAA guide of Kentucky & Tennessee.  Rates are from AAA book.
Opryland Hotel	- See Usenix Info.
Shoney's Inn of Music Valley	- See Usenix Info. (2420 Music Valley Dr.)
Sheraton Music City	- See Usenix Info. **
Best Western Opryland	- 2600 Music Valley Dr.
			- 1p $58, 2p2b $65,  RG *
			- 1-800-388-3066 or (615)-889-8235
Comfort Inn Opryland	- 2516 Music Valley Dr.
			- 1p $44.95, 2p2b $44.95, SVR *
			- (615)-889-0086
Econo Lodge-Opryland	- 2460 Music Valley Dr.
			- 1p $42.95 2p2b 58.95, RSC *
			- (615)-889-0090
Ramada Inn Across from Opryland	- 2401 Music Valley Dr.
				- 1p $89, 2p2b $89, SVR *
				- (615)-889-0800

 *  AAA designation - RG= Rates Guaranteed to AAA members. Request the rate
			  on Reservation & Registration.
		     SVR= Special Value Rates AAA member get Extra 10% off
			  when requested on Reservation & Registration.
		     RSC= Rates are subject to Change.  Actual rates maybe
			  'reasonably' higher or lower than the Tourbook rate.
**  This is for somebody who is familiar with Nashville?
    The Usenix brochure lists the Sheraton Music City as being close to the
    Cumberland River.  Sheraton Woldwide Reservations and AAA guide book puts
    the hotel close to the airport & I40.  Sheraton says about 5 miles away
    from Opryland Park entrance.  Which is right??

See you there!
Howard Lem, UTCS.
--
           ========= (-: ALL Usual disclaimers go here :-) =========
Email:		howard at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Canada Post:	Howard Lem - University of Toronto Computing Services
		11 King's College Rd., Rm 201B, Toronto, Ont., Canada,  M5S 1A1