Member or Non-member??

Christine Gregory cgregory at ziggy.cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 24 06:10:47 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr23.171854.17789 at nmt.edu> rmilner at zia.aoc.nrao.edu (Ruth Milner) writes:
" In article <7625 at tekgen.BV.TEK.COM> mike at raven.bv.tek.com (Michael Ewan) writes:
" >In article <280E1E92.4C41 at ibma0.cs.uiuc.edu> cgregory at ziggy.cs.uiuc.edu (Christine Gregory) writes:
" >>
" >>Question: If my employer is a group (corporate, or whatever it's called)
" >>		member of Usenix, but I, personally, am not, which fee
" >>		should be paid for the technical sessions: member or non-
" >>		member??
" >
" >I had the same question a couple of years ago.  You yourself are not a
" >member so you pay the higher price.
"
" I missed the original posting in its entirety, but if you are there on your
No, you didn't.  That was it.  :-)
" employer's behalf, i.e. they are paying for the trip and you are taking what
" you learn back to them, then you are part of the "group" your employer paid
" membership for, and therefore you pay the member rate. Just quote the group
" number on your registration.

After I posted that question, I found this in the brochure (p. 18 under
"Technical Sessions Fee Schedule"):

*The member rate applies to current individual members of the
USENIX Association.                 ^^^^^^^^^^

My registration was sent in today -- with the HIGHER fee.
So, did my employers pay $50 more than they needed to, or not?

Christine A. Gregory				cgregory at ziggy.cs.uiuc.edu
Research Programmer -- C.S. Instruct'l Lab Operations   voice 217/244-6108
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign		fax   217/333-3501