USENIX SUMMER 1991 Technical Conference & Exhibition

Fuat C. Baran fuat at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Tue Apr 16 09:25:04 AEST 1991

In article <663 at usenix.ORG> carolyn at usenix.ORG (Carolyn Carr) writes:
>       	USENIX SUMMER 1991 TECHNICAL CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION
>		    Nashville, Tennessee

>HOTEL REGISTRATION DEADLINE
>Monday, May 6, 1991

I just called Shoney's Inn (the one "across the street" from Opryland
Hotel).  They are all booked for that week.

I don't know if the people planning USENIX were aware of the
"International Country Music Fan Fair" being held at the same time,
when they decided on Nashville as the location, though they do mention
it in the registration packet (which I just received).  Seems to me a
better time/place could have been picked.  Also, did hotels rates
recently increase dramatically, or is it just the Nashville hotels
that are so expensive?

						--Fuat
Internet: fuat at columbia.edu          U.S. MAIL: Columbia University
  BITNET: fuat at cunixc                           Center for Computing Activities
    UUCP: ...!rutgers!columbia!cunixf!fuat      712 Watson Labs, 612 W115th St.
   Phone: (212) 854-5128  Fax: (212) 662-6442   New York, NY 10025