USENIX SUMMER 1991 Technical Conference & Exhibition

Geoff Kratz kratz at bnr.ca
Thu Apr 18 00:54:32 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr16.190826.21433 at bwdls61.bnr.ca> kratz at bnr.ca (Geoff Kratz) writes:
>In article <1991Apr16.154836.13590 at cs.utk.edu> Dave Sill <de5 at ornl.gov> writes:
>>Doesn't Usenix get a block of rooms reserved?  Maybe Geoff & friends
>>forgot to mention they were going to be there for the conference.
>>Can anyone at usenix.com give a definitive answer?
>
>I'm glad I followed up!  We're going to try again, and this time call
>directly (our travel agent probably messed up/didn't know/something).

Alright, we got in!  Dave was right: you really should mention that
you are attending the conference.  Our travel agent was told to do
this, but forgot/didn't: thus, they got the "no rooms" reponse. Tell
'em why your reserving, and there should be no problems (unless of
course they really are full :-).
--
Geoff Kratz             Bell-Northern Research, Ltd.           kratz at bnr.ca
(OSI) Open Systems         Ottawa Ontario Canada