Receptions outside the hotel (Was: W91 USENIX in retrospect)

Rick Adams rick at uunet.uu.net
Thu Feb 7 08:55:00 AEST 1991

We looked a "neat" places to have a reception in DC. My favorite was
the American History Museum (AIR and Space wouldn't let you roam the
entire museum, just a small segment). The catch was we would have
had to raise the conference rates about $25 per attendee to cover the
cost of the building rental.

If you wish to "vote" on having interesting receptions, make sure
you let it be known that you would accept a minimum of $25 extra
in registration fees.