OSF BOF at Usenix and Uniform

Mary Seabrook mary at unisoft.UUCP
Sat Jan 19 09:29:04 AEST 1991

henry at zoo.toronto.edu (Henry Spencer) writes:

>In article <18002 at paperboy.OSF.ORG> hermi at osf.osf.org (Harminder Singh) writes:
>>The Open Software Foundation BOF schedule for the upcoming
>>Usenix/Uniform in Dallas is as follows :

>Is this a BOF (Birds Of a Feather session), where interested people gather
>for informal chat, or a lecture -- with scheduled speakers and prepared
>slides -- posing as a BOF?
>--
>If the Space Shuttle was the answer,   | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
>what was the question?                 |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry

The original article in this was quite misleading.

I have been in contact with those people at OSF responsible for the USENIX BOF
and they have assured me that there is nothing in common between it and the
meeting associated with the UNIFORUM show. It will be held by thier techincal
people and although it will contain a short presentation, it is intended as an
opportunity for technical people to talk about internal details of the OSF
products. As far as I understand it the presentation is to be something of the
nature of a Work In Progress talk to give a basis for discussion.

Please contact me if you are concerned with the content of any of the BOF
sessions as I will be trying to monitor what makes a good BOF.

Regards

Mary

mary at unisoft.com
+1 415 420 6410 x 124