Weather in Dallas in January

Dave Shaver shaver at convex.com
Thu Jan 10 08:36:24 AEST 1991

Bruce W. Mohler asks:
>Can anyone suggest what we might expect from the weather
>in Dallas in late January?  (I'm interested since I'll be
>in the group walking each morning to the Grand K.)

Sunshine or fog, clear skys or clouds and rain, between 30 and 60
degrees.  So, basically, it depends.  Our normal highs for this time of
year are ~50, lows in the mid 40s, but it has been colder than that for
quite some time.  Freezing rain is "uncommon," so if there's ice
outside you don't want to go ANYWHERE since no one knows how to drive
on slick roads.

"Typical" weather for January alternates between a few days of mostly
or completely cloudy with mist/showers and a few days of perfect blue
skys.  It just depends if you get lucky or not.  :-)

/\  Dave Shaver
\\  CONVEX Computer Corporation, Richardson, TX
\/  Internet: shaver at convex.com    UUCP:  uunet!convex!shaver