W91 USENIX in retrospect

Steve DeJarnett steve at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Tue Jan 29 08:43:13 AEST 1991

In article <26879 at ucsd.Edu> brian at ucsd.Edu (Brian Kantor) writes:
>1. IBM research.  Fantastic;

	Well, thanks.  Glad you enjoyed it.  We enjoyed putting it on (even if
we are just catching up on our sleep again).  The only thing to note is that
this one was by IBM AWD (the RS/6000 people).  Last winter's was IBM Research.
Now, the suite did seem to attract a lot of the research folk, but, then, it
seemed to attract a lot of people, in general.

>Unfortunately, there were no dark beers.

	So noted.  We only specified "imported beers only" to the hotel, which
they took to mean the Heineken, Corona, and the other one (whose name escapes
me at the moment).  I know we've already mentioned that to the suite organizer,
but we'll make sure we're more explicit when we specify "imported beers" next
time.

	Steve

Steve DeJarnett			Internet: steve at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
IBM AWD Palo Alto		UUCP:	  uunet!ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com!steve
(415) 855-3510			IBM VNET: dejarnet at ausvmq
These opinions are my own.  I doubt IBM wants them.......