Places to hold conferences

Rick Adams rick at uunet.uu.net
Mon Jul 1 12:57:14 AEST 1991

In article <15157 at ector.cs.purdue.edu>, spaf at cs.purdue.EDU (Gene Spafford) writes:
> I should clarify something from my previous post:
>
> I am not aware of the board actually voting on whether or not to hold
> something in Arizona.  I was told by Ellie Young that the Board would
> likely never approve a meeting in Arizona because of the political
> implications.   Speaking informally with Mike O'Dell and Ed Gould at
> the last SEDMS gave me no indication otherwise.

I am not aware of ANY evidence that the USENIX board does, has or will
take local politics into account when chosing the location of a
"technical" conference.

There is absolutely no official or unofficial board position on the topic
of Arizona (or New Orleans). It has not been discussed and I dont expect
it to be discussed.

Those three individuals certainly are not speaking for the entire board on
this matter.

---rick
A board member, but not speaking for the entire board.