Why not pick *nice* places for the Usenix conventions?

Lori S. Grob grob at chorus.fr
Thu Jun 27 20:52:17 AEST 1991

After the last Usenix at the Town and Country a number
of people, including myself expressed concern at the general
layout of the hotel, which consisted of campus like grounds
with people staying in buildings scattered around. There was
generally poor lighting outside and many areas where people felt
insecure, returning to their rooms in the evening.

There was also the layout in the section of rooms that I was staying in
where you reached your room by climbing up stairs that went around outside
the building so that it was obvious to anyone outside or in the parking lot
that you were going back to your room  alone or that you were leaving it.
Speaking for myself alone this didn't make me feel real comfortable
and I remember several women coming and going in groups because of that.

Can the board say if these conditions have been in any way
improved by say the installation of more lighting on the
ground in remote places?

L.S. Grob
Chorus syste`mes			phone +33-1-30-64-82-17
6 avenue Gustave Eiffel			fax   +33-1-30-57-00-66
F78182 Saint Quentin-en-Yvelines	email grob at chorus.fr
FRANCE					      grob%chorus.fr.uunet.uu.net
--------

F78182 Saint Quentin-en-Yvelines	email grob at chorus.fr