Why not pick *nice* places for the Usenix conventions?

J Greely jgreely at gun.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sat Jun 29 09:01:27 AEST 1991

In article <84865 at bu.edu> tower at buita.bu.edu
 (Leonard (Len) H. Tower Jr.) writes:
>I concur with Peter.  Inserting millions of dollars into the economy
>of a state whose government (and people) has one of the most
>repressive view of women's, non-white race's, homosexual's, et al
>rights is insensitive and irresponsible.

Well, let's see.  California, DC, and Massachusetts are busily gutting
the Second Amendment (well, what's left of it), and Cincinnati doesn't
recognize the validity of the First (those pesky museum directors!),
so I guess we should hold all future conferences in Bismarck, North
Dakota.  Do they support the war on drugs there?

		"Who's it *this* time?"

			"Concert promoters who have
			 gone broke organizing charity
			 benefit concerts.  We call it