Call For Papers - IPCCC 92

sunil at rvax.ccit.arizona.edu sunil at rvax.ccit.arizona.edu
Tue Jun 4 05:32:42 AEST 1991

			CALL FOR PAPERS

		ELEVENTH ANNUAL IEEE PHOENIX CONFERENCE
 		   ON COMPUTERS AND COMMUNICATIONS

			 (IPCCC - 92)

April 1-3, 1992
Scottsdale, Arizona

This   international   conference  provides  a  forum   for   the
presentation  and  exchange  of  current work  in  the  field  of
synergism of computers and communications, and their applications
areas.  We are particularly soliciting industrial, business,  and
government participation as well as the active involvement of the
academic community.  We know it is vital that there be a dialogue
between  practitioners  and researchers.  Thus,  in  addition  to
research  contributions,  we look forward  to  reports  detailing
experiments, evaluations, problems, and opportunities  associated
with design, implementation, and operation.  Such reports will be
given special consideration.

Submitted manuscript must be no longer than 5,000 words, be typed
double-spaced,  and  include  an abstract  of  approximately  300
words.  Long papers and reports will not be considered.   Authors
should   obtain  company  and  government  clearances  prior   to
submission of the papers.

Please  submit five copies of complete paper and abstract  by  15
July 1991 to:

               Dr. Ming T. (Mike) Liu, Program Chair
               Ohio State University
               Dept. of Computer & Information Science
               2036 Neil Avenue
               Columbus OH 43210-1277, USA
               Tel: (614) 292-6552
               e-mail: mike.liu at osu.edu
               Fax: (614) 292-9021

All papers submitted will be refereed by the Program Committee.
They will be judged with respect to their quality originality and
relevance.   Authors  will be  notified  of  acceptance/rejection
shortly  after  20  September  1991.   Accepted  papers  will  be
published in the IPCCC-92 Proceedings.

SPECIAL SESSIONS
We solicit proposals for special topics and panel sessions.  Each
proposal  should  include subject, justification,  and  names  of
possible  participants.  Proposals should be sent to the  Program
Chair by 15 July 1991.  Proposers will be notified of provisional
acceptance shortly after 15 August 1991.

TUTORIALS
Proposals  for one-day tutorials related to the suggested  topics
are  desired.   Please contact the Tutorials Chair  for  tutorial
proposal  submission guidelines.  Proposals should be sent by  15
July 1991 to:

               Dr. Ann Miller, Tutorials Chair
               Motorola Satellite Communications
               2501 S. Price Rd.
               Mail Drop G1140
               Chandler, AZ  85248-2899
               (602) 732-3874 (Fax/3046)
               e-mail:  am-ipccc at asuvax.eas.asu.edu

EXHIBITS
Exhibits  of  commercial  products  and  demonstrable  prototypes
related  to the suggested topics are solicited.   Please  contact
the Exhibits Chair by 3 September 1991.

               Dr. Frank Caliss, Exhibits Chair
               Arizona State University
               Tempe, AZ 85287-5406
               Tel: (602)965-2804
               e-mail: caliss at asuvax:eas.asu.edu

SUGGESTED TOPICS:
Computer Technology
*Parallel and Distributed Computing
*Fault Tolerance and Reliability
*Neural Network Computing
*Distributed Database Systems
*Optical Disk Storage
*VLSI/VHSIC Developments
*Advanced Architectures

Communications Technology
*Fiber Optics
*Satellite/Terrestrial Systems
*Communications Theory
*Spread Spectrum

Software Systems
*Specification Methodologies
*Development Environments
*Object-Oriented Systems
*Real-Time Systems
*Performance Measurement and Evaluation
*Graphics and Scientific Visualization
*Distributed Operating Systems
*Project Management

Networking Systems
*OSI Networks and Interoperability
*Fault Tolerance Networks
*Local and Wide Area Networks
*Network Management, Control, and Security
*ISDN Systems
*Value Added Networking

AI/Expert Systems
*Expert System Design and Applications