Why not pick *nice* places for the Usenix conventions?

Craig Jackson drilex1 dricejb at drilex.UUCP
Tue Jun 25 05:12:17 AEST 1991

In article <BZS.91Jun23184600 at world.std.com> bzs at world.std.com (Barry Shein) writes:

>>The list Barry Shein posts does not really indicate whether or not the
>>place where the conference takes place is *in* these cities or in some
>>suburb, like it was in Nashville or Dallas.  That's what I really meant
>>to address.
>
>Here's the ones I know about, I am sure the office can supply full
>details, apologies in advance for any errors:
>
>3. Winter '93 - San Diego Town & Country, in town, not quite downtown
>	but a few minutes drive, certainly not "out in the suburbs" by
>	any means.

Actually, as I remember, the Town & Country is in an area called 'Hotel
Circle', which is a little valley which contains almost nothing except
hotels & related restaurants, etc.  This means that there are lots of
other inexpensive hotels nearby, but there's really quite a bit of land
so that they're all separated by large parking lots.  Plus, half of the
hotels are on the other side of a freeway.  I've only been at a Town &
Country convention once, but I didn't consider the site memorable.

San Diego does have some nice downtown areas (love the cinnamon buns
at Horton Plaza) but I'm not sure if there are any decent convention
hotels there.  Of course, since it's southern California, everyone
is expected to drive.

>  *NOTICE - SITES MORE THAN A COUPLE OF YEARS OUT ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE*
>
>--
>        -Barry Shein

Just trying to help.
--
Craig Jackson
dricejb at drilex.dri.mgh.com
{bbn,axiom,redsox,atexnet,ka3ovk}!drilex!{dricej,dricejb}