A BOF at USENIX for MIDI on UNIX ??

timothy.j.thompson tjt at cbnewsh.att.com
Sat May 4 07:00:21 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr30.130406.2695 at cbnewsh.att.com>, gc at cbnewsh.att.com (eugene.cristofor) writes:
> Birds-of-A-Feather Sessions at USENIX Nashville Conference, June 10-14, 1991
> Those who share a particular interest come together for
> announcements, discussion and sharing of strategies.

Anyone interested in a BOF session at USENIX to share experiences
in using MIDI on UNIX systems?  I'll be bringing a 386 machine
and a few synths (to run a live demo of Keynote during my talk on
"UNIX and MIDI for the Masses" (oops, gratuitous plug :-) ),
so that might provide something interesting to play with while we talk,
and maybe other systems could be brought and demonstrated as well.
There are certainly a growing number of UNIX systems that can
support MIDI in various ways.  If you'd be interested in such a BOF,
send me mail.  If (and only if) there are enough responses,
I'll try to set it up.

     ...Tim Thompson...AT&T Bell Labs/Holmdel/NJ...tjt at blink.att.com...