Telebit offer in Canada? (and other good news)

Peter Renzland usrgroup at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Tue May 3 07:45:57 AEST 1988

I had been unaware that there was a misunderstanding until I read
Lyndon's and Stuart's notes.  I spoke to Germaine this afternoon.
TTC Telebit Canada will honour the extension of the half-price offer
for registered UUCP sites.

As you may know, Telebit is a corporate sponsor of /usr/group/cdn.
We have been assisting them in setting up a Unix system, so they can
be on the Net (shortly).  They have provided /usr/group/cdn with two
modems which are currently deployed at ontmoh and at tmsoft.

At the Unix '88 conference and show (Toronto, May 17-19) we plan to
have a courtesy terminal at the /usr/group/cdn booth, so our busy
Unix users can read their mail, etc.  We'll have the use of a
Trailblazer there, so you can try it out (and get a new Unix-specific
brochure, if you ask for it :-).

I hope everyone is happy again.  See you at the Unix show.  If you would
like to be involved in any of /usr/group/cdn's technical activities,
please r(eply) or post to the brand new comp.org.usrgroup.

--
Peter Renzland  Vice President, /usr/group/cdn 416/964-9141 peter at ontmoh
office: 241 Gamma St  ETOBICOKE  Ont  M8W 4G7  416/259-8122 usrgroup at utgpu