1989 Election Ballot Issues

David H. Wolfskill david at dhw68k.cts.com
Sun Jun 4 04:45:02 AEST 1989

I just received my 1989 election ballot; it contains 3 issues:

1)  The election of candidates for Directorship (vote for no more than 5):
    a) Ben Salama
    b) Bill Keating
    c) Doug Michels
    d) Heinz Lycklama
    e) John R. Ozsvath
    f) Robert A. Ackerman, Jr.
    g) Andrew E. Bilinski
    h) Glenn P. Haney
    i) Pamela A. Gray
    j) _________________________ (write in)

2)  Association name change:
    a) Retain the current name of "/usr/group"
    b) Change the association name to "UniForum"

3)  Description change:
    a) Change to "The International Association of UNIX Systems Users"
    b) Change to "The International Association of Open Systems Users"
    c) Retain "The International Network of UNIX Systems Users"

I post this because the second of the above issues (the name change
proposal) was mentioned in this newsgroup somewhat recently; this issue
-- as well as the third one (the description change proposal) now seem
to be up for a vote of the membership.

Except to note that the Board of Directors voted to change both the
association's name and description, there is rather little in the ballot
about anything "pro" or "con" either the name change proposal or the
description change proposal.

Would anyone care to comment on perceived advantages or disadvantages
regarding any of the proposed descriptions?

(Soliciting *opinions* on the net...?  Sounds subversive....  :-)

david
--
David H. Wolfskill
uucp: ...{spsd,zardoz,felix}!dhw68k!david	InterNet: david at dhw68k.cts.com