4bsd Vi

utzoo!duke!unc!whm utzoo!duke!unc!whm
Tue Jul 7 04:19:48 AEST 1981

After some tricky editing, I have gotten the 4bsd version of Vi to work
under Eunice.  If anybody is interested, I'll forward the gruesome
details of getting it to work.

One unusual problem is that Vi works fine from the Cshell, but from the
U command, the FD_Fab_Pointer table gets "overlaid" by something after
a certain sequence of commands.  (Solution?-->Install a front end that
execve's Vi).  Has anyone had this problem with other programs.

Has anybody tried to get the 4bsd Cshell to fly, I've got to get those
pushd's and popd's back!

Or, how about a good way to control, i.e. stop, a process started by
an exec* system call.  I've done some experimentation and it seems as
if it could be done reasonably well with some type of special exec
call that wrote stuff into a shareable image.  Are there any specific
ideas on ways to do this?