Minor questions

utzoo!decvax!duke!harpo!utah-cs!sask!custead utzoo!decvax!duke!harpo!utah-cs!sask!custead
Tue Oct 12 14:32:18 AEST 1982

We are extremely happy with eunice.  Just a couple of
very minor problems.

1) In the previous version of eunice starting up the editor
frequently caused it to be suspended with
Stopped (tty input)
In the version we have now (2.1) this happens with the mail
command almost every time....especially network mail.
Of course the command is easily resumed by typing 'fg'
but it is an annoyance and we don't know why it quits on us.
Set ignoreeof has no effect on this problem.

2) The csh is VERRy slow starting up.  After invoking the
shell it sometimes takes a minute or more to get a prompt.
We tried *installing* it, but it didn't seem to make much
difference.  Any know why it is so slow and whether it
can be speeded up.  Once it gets started it runs fine.