TWG/EMRS clarification

utzoo!decvax!decwrl!sun!megatest!fortune!twg!anne utzoo!decvax!decwrl!sun!megatest!fortune!twg!anne
Wed Apr 20 10:22:53 AEST 1983

*            Attention All EUNICE Users!                   *

The Wollongong Group (TWG) is  pleased  to   clarify the
Electronic Modification Request Service -- USENET issue.

     The Electronic Modification Request Service (EMRS)

The TWG announcement of the Electronic Modification  Request  System
has  spawned  a  great deal of USENET discussion and critique.  In a
sincere effort to put these fears at rest TWG would like to  clarify
this  issue  of  commercial  USENET abuse.  Our announcement did not
state  that  USENET  traffic  would  be  the  method  for  customers
reporting  Modification Requests, nor did it state that USENET would
not be used.  The overall assumption, however, was the  former.  For
the  record,  TWG  will not allow our customer base to send in their
modification requests using USENET paths, nor will  TWG  use  USENET
paths to acknowledge or respond to our customers.  Our purpose is to
announce the option of Electronic Modification Requests and find out
which Eunice customers have operational connections to  USENET.  TWG
intends  to utilize direct UUCP connections with our customers.  For
more information please write to  the  TWG  USENET  contact  at  the
address below.

TWG appreciates the critique of our announcement to net.eunice
and  apologizes for the misunderstanding.

		      Anne Wunderlich
			(twg!anne)
		 The Wollongong Group, Inc.