Foreign command from Eunice

douglasm at bronze.UUCP douglasm at bronze.UUCP
Sat May 28 04:10:05 AEST 1983

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site mhuxt.UUCP
Date:Fri, 27-May-83 14:10:05 EDT

Can anyone give me an idea as to how to invoke a foreign
command from Eunice? The way that I understand it is that
I need to place an entry in my LOGIN.COM file that sez:

PROCESS :== $SYS$[blahblah]PROCESS.EXE

I want to do this so that I can pass parameters to the
process when I invoke it. In fact I can utter:

$ process -v

when in DCL and the image gets executed properly and has
access to the flag -v. The problem is when I move to cshell
in Eunice and utter:

% 1 vms process -v

I get an error from the DCL that sez PROCESS is an unrecognized
command. In fact no local or global symbols from my LOGIN.COM
file are passed thru. Any ideas?