shell escape causes vi to lock up (SUMMARY)

Ted Nolan ted at usceast.UUCP
Sun Jun 17 14:33:31 AEST 1984

<Eunice!.. Shut up Momma!>
It is not just vi that causes eunice to lock up.  We have been trying off and
on to set up a csnet link with the department of engineering here on campus
and I have gotten hung up in eunice several times (over their lone dialup line
too, I got flames on that!).  The symptoms are that eunice suddenly starts
completely ignoring me except for echoing certain control characters. Every now
and then at seemingly random moments a meaningless message (to me) is displayed
but does not affect the situation.

I have been very wary to try eunice recently, but , as I remember it, once
it went away when I tried a "head" command, and once when I tried an "at".