Traversing between Eunice and VMS

manheimer at nbs-amrf.UUCP manheimer at nbs-amrf.UUCP
Wed Jun 13 00:15:00 AEST 1984

It just got an indication that the capacity to `suspend' a login shell is a
new feature of Eunice 3.2, i.e. that it cannot be done in 3.1 .  We've only
had 3.2 a short while, and i just happened to stumble accross the suspend
command (in a conversation with someone from TWG).  I hadn't considered when
i posted the article whether this was a new feature or just one of those
previously undocumented ones.  (As a matter of fact, the only
"documentation" of the ability to suspend a login shell is still only to be
found in the csh source code.)

Happy hacking,
Ken Manheimer		{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!nbs-amrf!manheimer

"I mean, you tell one guy it's blue.  He tells his guy it's brown, and it
lands on the page sorta purple."		Wavy Gravy