Unix to VMS File Transfer Query

Linda Seltzer seltzer at ucbvax.ARPA
Tue Apr 16 04:15:53 AEST 1985

I have several large files on 4.2 BSD Unix and need to transfer them
to VMS (newest version).  I will do the file transfer by means of
tape and would appreciate any information on:

	What commands to use to write the tape in order to allow
VMS to read it.

	My files contain only floats separated by a carriage return.
The range of values is from -1.0 to 1.0.  Is there anything I need
to do to make them readable by VMS C?  by VMS FORTRAN?  (The numbers
are not in ascii, but in the float format for C language)

						Thank you,
						L. Seltzer
						ucbvax!ucbdali!seltzer
						P.O. Box 9625
						Berkeley, CA 94709

(This VMS system does not have eunice, but they plan to buy the C
compiler from DEC)