News2.11 under EUNICE BSD 4.3.2

Marcus Leech ml at gandalf.UUCP
Tue Apr 4 07:20:42 AEST 1989

We're running News2.11 under EUNICE BSD 4.3.2.  I hacked together a version
  for EUNICE BSD 4.3.2 based on the News2.11 that appeared on the 1988
  USENIX tapes.  It has problems:

    - RNEWS/INEWS are unable to properly handle batched articles themselves--
      they usually end up trashing the ACTIVE file with contents of articles.

    - RNEWS/INEWS don't correctly spool articles when EXPIRE is running.

    - The MORE interface in the news reader is flakey enough (due to pipes)
      that I had to throw out the use of MORE, and write a trivial pager
      within READNEWS.

Has anyone done a more complete-and-robust implementation of News2.11 for
  EUNICE BSD 4.3.2?

Thanx in advance
Marcus Leech
Gandalf Data Ltd