AT on Eunice 4.3.2

steve emmerson steve at umigw.MIAMI.EDU
Tue Apr 25 00:20:10 AEST 1989

In article <3973 at emory.mathcs.emory.edu> km at mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg)
writes:
>Does anyone have the "at" command working properly on
>Eunice 4.3.2? Every combination we have tried of privledges
>and methods of running "atrun" has failed.

This may be due to the cron(1) daemon not working correctly.  I was
unable to get my 4.3.2 cron(1) to work under VMS 4.7+ and reported it to
TWG support.   They've acknowledged the problem and are working on it.

I suggest putting some simple commands in /usr/lib/crontab and seeing if they
work.  If they do, would you please tell me.
--
Steve Emmerson                     Inet: steve at umigw.miami.edu [128.116.10.1]
SPAN: miami::emmerson (host 3074::)      emmerson%miami.span at star.stanford.edu
UUCP: ...!ncar!umigw!steve               emmerson%miami.span at vlsi.jpl.nasa.gov
"Computers are like God in the Old Testament: lots of rules and no mercy"