CR turning off attributes

Mark Callow msc at qubix.UUCP
Tue Oct 25 15:30:48 AEST 1983

"That bit of silliness" is not just limited to NEC and Diablo.
Several DEC products do the same thing notably the vt100 and the
lqp02 printer.  I believe it is part of the ANSI standard for
controlling serial output devices.  (I can't remember the standard
number.)

As a matter of fact the underlining filter in (at least) the 4.1bsd "more"
breaks when confronted with terminals which DON'T turn off attributes
after a CR.  The similar filter in "ul" works fine though.
--
	Mark Callow, Saratoga, CA.
	...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!