C Function Cross-Referencer - (nf)

olson at fortune.UUCP olson at fortune.UUCP
Fri Jan 6 10:10:59 AEST 1984

#R:fortune:10100008:fortune:10100011:000:578
fortune!olson    Jan  5 16:08:00 1984

I have received several pieces of mail from people saying they are
having problems compiling my 'crossref' program

I should have mentioned that this program uses one library
function, and one system call which are found only on V7 and Berkeley
Unix's.  The library routine is rindex(), which is identical to
strrchar() on Sys 3 and 5.

The system call is dup2(fd1,fd2).  This is functionally the same
as: close(fd2);fcntl(fd1,F_DUPFD,fd2);  on Sys 3 and 5.

Hope this helps those who were having problems.
	Dave Olson, Fortune Systems {ihnp4,harpo,ucbvax!amd70}!fortune!olson