vnews bug fixes (visual.c)

chuqui at nsc.UUCP chuqui at nsc.UUCP
Sun Jun 10 06:04:27 AEST 1984

This is the second or third report I've had on this. I DON'T have it at my
site which is a 780 running 4.2 and VT100 compatibles. The only thing I can
think that MIGHT be causing this is one change I made to the termcap
routines because they used the TS field instead of the TI field. Some
termcaps evidently are also set up incorrectly. I don't know if this is
it, but that is all I can think of. If you are having the problem and can
get me stack traces or any information at all on why it happens I'll try to
find a fix for it as soon as I can.

There ARE some pieces missing to the vnews distribution that I will try to
take care of Real Soon Now. Specifically, there are two shell scripts
(follow and reply) and the help file. I've just finished a major rewrite of
the Makefile for 2.10.1 and as soon as I add a couple more minor bells and
whistles (it now knows about lint and sccs and reacts in a relatively
sane manner) I will post the rest of vnews stuff with the new Makefile so
people who didn't have it before can compile it.

Oh, yes, one final note: The version of recmail.c that went with 2.10.1
(and I believe before) has a problem that keeps it from working properly
with vnews. I'll post that turkey as well (this will all go out tomorrow or
Monday if I get it done).

*sigh* I should have KNOWN better than to run inews through lint...

chuq

--
>From the ledge of the seventh cornice:			Chuq Von Rospach
{amd70,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui			(408) 733-2600 x242

If you let a smile be your umbrella you will get rain up your nose.