Is 'ksh' available.

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Mon Nov 12 07:09:59 AEST 1984

My impression is that the Korn shell is not generally available
outside AT&T.  Meanwhile, various ksh-like features have been
appearing in the official Bourne shell.  At BRL, Ron Natalie has
added csh-style job control to the SVR1 and SVR2 Bourne shells;
of course, this works only on kernels having appropriate support
(i.e., 4.1BSD & 4.2BSD; don't know about 2.9BSD).  This means
we now have shell functions (generalization of csh "alias"),
built-in "echo" & "pwd" (I fixed the symbolic-link behavior of
"pwd" for 4.2BSD to act like something sensible instead of
following ".." literally), and job control.  About the only csh
feature still lacking is a command history mechanism; probably
a tcsh-like editing facility but without using termcap would be
the way to go for this.

	Committee to Stamp Out Csh