Fix to Comet Halley program

Geoffrey M. Clemm geoff at boulder.UUCP
Thu Apr 18 15:24:09 AEST 1985

In article <tekig.2569> garey at tekig.UUCP (Garey Fouts) writes:

>>All of our systems have different attributes, and its difficult, if not
>>impossible, to produce a single version of a program that will run on
>>everyone's machine...
>
>This is what I really love about Punix..... so many standards! Please,
>lord, give me VMS or some other adult system so we can share code.
>
>Garey Fouts

Forget VMS and other such unstable constructs ...  Give me notebook paper
and number two pencils -- guaranteed portable and about the most "adult"
system you can find anywhere (although I do get arguments from some of
my friends that advocate stone tablets as being much more reliable).

Geoffrey Clemm