Setidle Program

Peter DaSilva peter at kitty.UUCP
Thu Aug 1 00:44:58 AEST 1985

> >This is a program which allows a user to set and maintain a specified idle
> >time on his tty....
>
> So who needs to do that?  Generally, users who want to circumvent an
> automatic logout program...

If you have a terminal that can be convinced to respond to a string (like a
VT100 or equivalent) you can always send that string every 10 minutes & then do
a read. Implementation is left to the reader.

I am tempted to flame you for putting up an autologout program. Reminds me of
a mod at berkeley known as the "Fascist File System" (really, that was the
official name!). But since I don't know your circumstances I won't.