Empire Source

Ron Natalie <ron> ron at brl-tgr.ARPA
Mon Feb 11 08:55:11 AEST 1985

> As far as I
> know, Peter Langston does not distribute sources. Someone has made a
> claim to have emulated Empire and had sources but I haven't heard that
> claim in a while.
>
> Peter Langston now works at Lucasfilm, Ltd., which has an unpublished
> uucp address (or did). I'm sure that someone could give you his mailing
> address For a copy you must send a blank tape and return postage, plus
> a description of what Unix version you are running.

Peter Langston never (well pretty much never) distributes sources.
His code is distributed as described, binaries and enough interface
source as required.  He has however, always been helpful in getting
the sources up on a new machine.  In defense of Peter, I must say that
this keeps Empire, wander, and his other games from getting as disgustingly
varied as Rogue, search, and other games that the sources have been more
widely available for.

Peter is no longer at Lucusfilm, he works for Bell Communications research
now.  I don't know what machine to find him on, but he usually uses "psl"
as his login name.

-Ron