New Newsgroup proposal -- net.sources.repost

Pat M. Iurilli pat at pyuxqq.UUCP
Tue Jul 30 00:19:41 AEST 1985

Forgive me out there, I know this should not be posted in this group,
but I just have to let my frustrations out...  How about creating a
new newsgroup net.sources.repost?  It seems lately that half of the
articles in this group are requests for reposting this or that.  It's
getting all too commonplace to see requests for hack, vsh, software
tools, etc., to be reposted in part or entirety.  These articles
coupled with the quarter of the articles requesting other sources,
only leaves a quarter of the articles as actually containing real
source code.  This would at least cut the net.sources traffic by about
50%.  What say all of you out there on the net?
Pat Iurilli  Bell Communications Research  Piscataway, NJ
{allegra, ihnp4}!pyuxqq!pat