cmdbymail - a command-execution-via-mail program

BEATTIE twb at hoqam.UUCP
Sat Jul 6 02:22:18 AEST 1985

> From: Jacob Levy  <jaakov%wisdom.bitnet at WISCVM.ARPA>
>
> Did you ever want to get that file you forgot to take with you when you
> went to visit that other university? What a shame  you forgot!  Now you
> will not be able to get it fast.
>
> But with 'cmdbymail', you can just send yourself a command file to mail
> the missing file to you at the place you are currently at, and the mail
> system will take care of it. How is it done? Unpack this shell archive,
> by feeding everything below the dashed line to 'sh',  and read  the man
> page included.

Err, Umm Is this a BSD only utility?
As far as I know [:-) .forward (??) files are not used on system V.

Has there been any attempt to identify items which are:
	1. BSD only
	2. System V only
	3. Able to function anywhere after possibly a few mods.
	4. Other ?

Persons posting sources could at least indicate systems known to
work and possibly support features required (like .forward files).
(Maybe I should read the headers more closely - but just because
something was developed under BSD doesn't mean it can't work under
System V, et al.

Tom.

Genderplex - n. The predicament of a person in a restaurant who is
unable to determine his or her designated restroom (e.g. turtles and
tortoises).

Uniplex - n. The predicament of a unix user who is unable to determine if
a piece of posted software will or won't work on his or her machine.