copyright notice

Keld J|rn Simonsen keld at diku.UUCP
Tue Jan 21 23:58:33 AEST 1986

In article <8422 at amdcad.UUCP> phil at amdcad.UUCP writes:
>It irritates me when people who don't know what they are talking about
>post garbage to the net when they could so easily look it up.
> (C) 1986 Joe Random is not a valid copyright.
> Copyright 1986 Joe Random is.

This is only true in a country in North America, namely USA. Other
countries like Canada and European countries have ratified a convention
which does not demand these formal requirements to copyright-protect
works. There (C) 1986 Joe Random is OK. And material published in USA
and at the same time published in these other countries retain their
copyrights in the other countries, although they do not get protection
in USA.