copyright notice

Sean Casey sean at ukma.UUCP
Tue Jan 14 05:56:34 AEST 1986

Webster's may say that "public domain" means that the author has no copyright,
but the courts may not see it that way, and what the courts say counts.  I'd
be interested in hearing what the courts have to say about it.  Personally,
I agree with Webster: If something is in the public domain (that is, it is
owned by the public and considered to be general knowledge), then anyone can
do what they want with it.