rn(1) readers: fix followup ugliness!

G A Moffett gam at amdahl.UUCP
Wed Jan 22 12:57:19 AEST 1986

In article <8480 at amdcad.UUCP> phil at amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) writes:

> In article <2604 at amdahl.UUCP> gam at amdahl.UUCP (G A Moffett) writes:
> >A heading line is followed directly by the included text,
> >and the ">"'s at the beginnings of lines are inserted with
> >no following space!  It looks very crowded.
>
> This is a matter of taste. Would you rather see
>
> >> junk junk junk
>
> or
>
> > > junk junk?

I agree with Phil's comments about "> > >"; I didn't think of that at
first.  I will make a point of editing those leading "> > > " to
">>> " before posting (hey, aren't editors wonderful?).

I am not doing that in this article, of course, for purposes of example.

By the way, in purely esthetic terms, doesn't this followup look better
than the format Phil's originally used?
--
Gordon A. Moffett		...!{ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs}!amdahl!gam

~ Deine Zauber binden wieder, ~
~ Was die Mode streng geteilt; ~
~ Alle Menschen werden Brueder, ~
~ Wo dein sanfter Fluegel weilt. ~