Book recommendations

MIKE RICHARD CX01-2/M26 DTN 522-2256 richard at bison.DEC
Sun Jan 5 14:37:12 AEST 1986

I am currently studying the evolution vs. creation question, but I am having
a hard time finding material that doesn't find gross fault with the other
side's position.  What I want are books that explain the scientific bases
of either creation or evolution and keep the mudslinging to a minimum.  In
addition, I would like them to keep the technical discussion to a level
understandable by someone with little or no training in chemistry and geology.
Can anyone out there give me some recommendations?  Please send personal mail,
as I do not normally read this newsgroup.  Thanks in advance for any help.

/Mike Richard