copyright notice

Phil Ngai phil at amdcad.UUCP
Sun Jan 19 05:16:06 AEST 1986

In article <3167 at sun.uucp> marcum at sun.uucp (Alan Marcum) writes:
>From what I recall from oh-so-many moons ago in school, to copyright a
>work, you must place the appropriate notice on the work, and place a
>copy of the work in an at least semi-public library (i.e. publish it).
>This library need not be the Library of Congress.

It irritates me when people who don't know what they are talking about
post garbage to the net when they could so easily look it up.

>From "The World Almanac 1986", page 686:

"... copies or phonorecords of works published in the U.S. with notice
of copyright are required to be deposited for the collections of the
Library of Congress. This deposit requirement is not a condition of
protection, but does render the copyright owner subject to penalties
for failure to deposit after a demand by the Register of Copyrights."

--
 (C) 1986 Joe Random is not a valid copyright.
 Copyright 1986 Joe Random is.

 Phil Ngai +1 408 749 5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil at decwrl.dec.com