prime help

Walter L. Weber walt at rclex.UUCP
Fri Jan 10 03:26:46 AEST 1986

> I am looking for information on a UNIX or UNIX-like operating system to run
> on a PRIME 2550 at Sharon High School. Does anyone know of such a system.  If
> so please let me know how I can get a copy.  I have tried PRIME's "PRIMIX"
> and found it wanting:  too slow, too new, too buggy

Reaching back into my "packrat" file from when I was at PR1ME , HCR/Toronto
was doing the majority of the work, and were having problems getting
PRIMIX to ride smoothly on top of PRIMOS.

An earlier, limited attempt at an emulation was the "Software Tools
Subsystem" done at Georgia Institue of Technology.  The document I have
on this is from the School of Information and Computer Science, is dated
April 1982, and carries the number "GIT-ICS-82/05" on the title page.  It
is approx. 100 single-sided pages long.

Good luck - PRIMOS is their chosen route.

--
Walt Weber                     UUCP:     ...harvard!rclex!walt
Ridge Computers                ARPA:        rclex!walt at harvard