copyright notice

Alan Marcum marcum at sun.uucp
Sat Jan 18 04:30:01 AEST 1986

> Incidentally, Americans should note that if you put a copyright notice
> on something you are legally obligated to send a copy to the Library of
> Congress *whether or not you choose to register your copyright claim*!
> --
> D Gary Grady

>From what I recall from oh-so-many moons ago in school, to copyright a
work, you must place the appropriate notice on the work, and place a
copy of the work in an at least semi-public library (i.e. publish it).
This library need not be the Library of Congress.
--
Alan M. Marcum				Sun Microsystems, Technical Consulting
...!{dual,ihnp4}!sun!nescorna!marcum	Mountain View, California