digital design tools

Robert M. McDermott mcderm at ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP
Thu Sep 25 00:50:40 AEST 1986

> i'm intrested in ANY digital design tools that will run under ms/pc-dos
> vms,primos,or unix... i'm looking for a simulator, fcn reducer etc....
> ANY INFO is helpful!!!!
>
> 				thanks,
> 				Chet Mazur
> 				mazur at gmr.com

A few months back, I posted the source code for a Logic Simulator and
Logic Minimizer to this net;  they aren't "sophisticated", but they work.
(They were from my book, "COMPUTER AIDED LOGIC DESIGN", H. Sams, 1985.
and are written in BASIC.)  [I'm relatively new to the net; what's the
"etiquette" for reposting?]

In the January and April 1983 issues of BYTE magazine, I also published
a Logic Simulator, also in BASIC. (The April 1983 program was the most
sophisticated, allowing MACROs, but was Unit Delay; the one in my book
has assignable delay, but doesn't have MACROs.)

B.V. Engineering, 2200 Business Way, Riverside, CA 92501, now offers a
fairly good simulator based on my work for under $100.  It doesn't have
macros, but has assignable delays and a good user interface (detailed
for novice users, bypassable for experienced users, etc.).

[UC Berkeley had had an effort going in CAD on personal computers, you
may want to contact them.]