CORRECT soundex AGAIN? not quit

preece at ccvaxa.UUCP preece at ccvaxa.UUCP
Thu Sep 25 01:30:00 AEST 1986

[Ian Darwin writes:]
>  You are, I fear, hoist by your own petard. We have long maintained
> that the ctype macros are ONLY valid if isascii() is true for the
> character. Well, guess what? The SVID supports us!
The ANSI standard for C does not support you. In fact, isascii
goes away entirely and the ctype macros are valid for all
values. [Unless they changed their minds after the draft
I've got, which isn't all that old]

[I KNOW discussions shouldn't be here, but here is where the
discussion is...  Apologies to archivists.]
--
scott preece
gould/csd - urbana