Calling functions by address

Dave Jones djones at megatest.UUCP
Wed Aug 31 09:00:35 AEST 1988

>From article <679 at mssx.UUCP>, by src at mssx.UUCP (Pleschutznig Andreas):

> So we thought of doing that job by declaring the addresses of the emulation
> routines and jumping to the routines by address like this
>
> 	(*addressarray[code]);
>
> I know, I know that *does not* work, but maybe there is someone knowing to
> get around.

Nothing to "get around".  There is nothing in your way.  You just left off
the empty parameter list ().  (First language Pascal?)

/* declaration */

int routine1(), routine2(), routineN();

int (*addressarray[])() = { routine1, routine2, routineN };

/* calling sequence */

  int return_value = (*addressarray[code])();