Third public review of X3J11 C (a scientist speaks up)

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Thu Aug 25 02:18:20 AEST 1988

In article <4581 at saturn.ucsc.edu> joseph at chromo.ucsc.edu (Joseph Reger) writes:
>It seemed to me - and I admittedly did not follow it from the very beginning -
>that it was always MUCH TOO LATE.

X3J11 has been trying to get the %#@%$% thing out the door for quite some
time now.  The combination of lengthy public-review cycles and official
meetings held only quarterly means that a standard which needs *three*
public-review cycles will be in "almost finished, no substantive changes
without a damn good reason" status for a long time.  Sounds like you came
on the scene after that phase started.
--
Intel CPUs are not defective,  |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
they just act that way.        | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu