#pragma

Brian T. Schellenberger bts at sas.UUCP
Tue May 31 06:14:43 AEST 1988

In article <1770 at pt.cs.cmu.edu> jgm at k.gp.cs.cmu.edu (John Myers) writes:
|In article <7960 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
|
|While it may be illegal to exec rogue when #pragma is encountered (the
|standard needs to be clarified on this point and even then will
|probably be ignored for the most part--witness the "#pragma noalias"
|suggestions.), I fail to see how the standard can prohibit an
|implementation from issuing a warning in this case.

I fail to see how running rogue can be illegal if warnings are legal.  So long
as it spawns a new process to run rogue, and the code produced by the
compiler (and interpretation of the rest of the program) does not depend on
the results of the rogue game, I can't see how the standard prohibits it.

Yes, it's silly, but I still fail to see how it is prohibited.
--
--Brian, the man from
  Babble-on.                |Brian T. Schellenberger| ...!mcnc!rti!sas!bts     |